Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2014 - Day 49/316 - Tuesday...

Do I  look like Helen to you?  I feel kind of like Helen, except my tasks that will take a year have only just begun, they are not complete yet!

Tonight was the ABoR TREPAC Chili Cook-Off, and in honor of that, I wore these beer mug socks, since I expected there would be beer there at the function.  It was a great turnout and a lot of money was raised for TREPAC.  We also had two candidates attend the event, Andy Brown who is running for Travis County Judge and Richard Jung who is running for Precinct II Travis County Commissioners Court.  Both of these gentlemen are endorsed by ABoR and TREPAC, and have shown that they support our business and home owner rights.  Early voting started today, so if you are planning to head to the polls, please consider these two candidates!  Thanks!

I also attended a luncheon of the Austin Chapter of the National Association of Real Estate Brokers,  The guest speaker was Mrs. Ada Anderson, whose husband was the first black REALTOR® to join the Austin Board of REALTORS®.  It was a very warm and enlightening talk given by Mrs. Anderson, and I appreciated the opportunity to hear her speak.

In between all that stuff I did manage to get some real estate work done.  Negotiating a contract here and there, working on some property management deals, just the usual stuff!

Here is a SOCK EXTRA SPECIAL REPORT:  It seems that last year at the TREPAC Wine Tasting event, I had taken a sack full of socks to be auctioned off, but we never got around to actually putting the socks in the auction.  I left the wine tasting and forgot the socks, but Ashley has been carrying this bag full of socks around in the back floor board of her car for the last six months, and mentioned the other day that she still had them.  I managed to corral her this afternoon and retrieved them from her.  It is like finding a bunch of old friends after a really long time...I'm getting a little weepy here.

Time to go to bed.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SOCKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment