Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2014 - Day 56/309 - Tuesday...

I really have no excuse for getting out of the bed at 3:15 this morning, but I was awake, and it was pretty damned evident that I was NOT going back to sleep, so I got up.  I did try to get in the big blue chair and go back to sleep, but the morning news show was CAPTIVATING so I was just awake.  Of course right now, I am ready to go crawl into the bed.

I was able to choose an appropriate pair of sock for the day, something a little more conservative since I was asked to come and speak with a great group of REALTORS®, and the meeting was at the Oasis.  I have to admit, it has been YEARS since I have been to the Oasis.  I can remember the first time (back in 1985) that I went to the Oasis and to Hippie Hollow.  WOWEE-ZOWEE!  It was actually hard to find back then, you had to give directions about how to get there, and Comanche Trail was a pretty secret road.  Not so much anymore, and there is nothing secret about it anymore either!  BUT, it was great to share information with about 35 great REALTOR® colleagues, and special thanks to my friends and colleagues Kay and Michael for inviting me.  I really enjoy my volunteer work, and I hope everyone learned a little something from my visit.

I also should tell you the story of the chicken noodle that escaped from my fork during lunch.  It jumped off the fork, ricocheted four or five times off the lapels of my jacket, rolled down my shirt as if it were a bowling ball that had been flung down the alley, and came to rest in my lap, not on the generous napkin (that happened to coordinate perfectly with my pocket square) that was supplied by the restaurant, but about a third of the way down my pant leg where no amount of discretion would allow me to retrieve it without potentially offending my table mates.  After that, it was all down hill.

SPOILER ALERT:  I finished 55 hours of Atlas Shrugged this afternoon.  John Galt, Dagney, Francisco and Hank are all alive and well, and living in Galt Gulch.  I think I could have edited about 300 or so pages out of that book and not lost a thing...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LOOSE PASTA, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment