Monday, February 17, 2014

2014 - Day 48/317 - Monday...

Well, just because you think this is a photo of my thumb nail painted red it does not mean that you are not going to be subjected to NOT seeing a pair of socks in this journal entry.  Let us begin...my friend Steve informed me this morning (as I was texting while driving to work) that I should visit the site www.redthumbreminder.com to see what they have to say.  The story is, you are supposed to paint your thumb nail (not on the hand you steer with, on the hand you text with) red and when you text it will remind you that you should not be texting.  So, of course I stopped at HEB this morning and bought the closest thing to red finger nail polish I could find.  Many people said it was closer to pink, but it was the reddest polish I could find that had some glitter in it, and why the hell would I want to paint my thumb nail red if there was not glitter involved?  I mean, really?  AND, before I was finished at my lunch meeting, I had painted about twenty other folks thumb nails red.  So there!

And, I was also accused of matching the nail polish color to the socks I was wearing today, and honestly that was just a fortunate fashion happen-stance.  It was just a lucky coincidence, I expect.  ANYWAY, this is one of my FAVORITE pairs of socks, and someone tried to buy them from me at lunch today.  Anything for TREPAC!

I also went to a 3:30 listing appointment this afternoon, and the topic of red thumb nails came up, and it was all good.  I also had a 6 o'clock appointment at the house, but I removed the nail polish before venturing out into the pastures to talk to folks about pasture maintenance.  There is only so much explaining I can participate in and still be convincing.

Time for Antiques Roadshow!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, REDTHUMBREMINDER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment