Sunday, February 23, 2014

2014 - Day 54/311 - Sunday...

I cannot wait until tomorrow, it is going to be a casual Monday and I am already considering which pair of socks to amaze you with.

BUT, for today, there will be no sock photo.  Today's photo is this shot of the dashboard of a '57 Chevy Bel Air Convertible that was in the parking lot of the Catfish Parlour when Jody and I came out from dinner.  As you know, we got there at about 4:30 (to avoid the crowds, not necessarily because we are old).  But, maybe it is because we are old and the fact that I tried to kill myself doing chores around the place today, particularly dragging a seed drill without the benefit of Mule, Polaris or Kubota.  I finally got it moved and repositioned, but you could have heard the heavy breathing in the next county.  Miguel thought it was pretty funny!  I did not find it amusing at all.  BUT, this Chevy was pretty darned pretty.

I think my FB friend Alex thinks I am an oaf, but it would be more accurate to think of me as a country bumpkin!

We did manage to get the hole filled in from the water leak repair last weekend, and got the cattle fed, and the chicken coop cleaned and all the plants and animals properly watered.  We did some fence repairing, and some preparation for spring.  You would have thought it was a wonderful spring day if you had been here in central Texas today.  Lovely.  BUT we all know that the heat is just around the corner, and no real relief from the drought until (perhaps) the fall.

I have to admit, the property looks really pretty good for February.  I do not necessarily think of it as Grey Gardens anymore, it is amazing how things can be kept maintained if you hire someone to do it!  We had no idea the amount of maintenance that would be required when we moved here five years ago.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHEVY'S, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment