Wednesday, February 19, 2014

2014 - Day 50/315 - Wednesday...

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about this sock photo is disturbing to me.  What do you think?  It is kind of like the movie "Christine" where the old Plymouth came to life and took over the planet...or something like that...this photo just kind of creeps me out.  Cray-cray!

Today was a really busy day, but I must confess, I slept in this morning till about 5:30 and had a calm, slow morning.  No rushing to get into traffic.  I went straight to the Board this morning for a 10 o'clock meeting.  I got there about 9:30 so that was good, got some stuff done before the meeting.  Then, I took another meeting off my calendar (conflicting times, I now realize I can only be in one place at a time) and headed back to my office by about 12:30 for a 1:30 appointment.  It was a great meeting in my office, and then I headed off to a 4 o'clock meeting at about 3:15.

It took me an hour and 15 minutes (75 minutes in other words) to go about 16 miles.  The way I figure it (and remember I had to take remedial math in college) I averaged about 4.69 miles per hour (no, that cannot be right, maybe it is more like 22 miles per hour).  Whatever...I am really sorry that there was a roll-over wreck on MoPac and EVERYBODY in Austin wanted to look at it, but really folks, move along, there is nothing to see here!  At least there was nothing to see by the time I got to the point of impact. 

I was moderating a panel of real estate award winners, and I did not get there until 4:30 for a panel that was supposed to begin at 4.  AT LEAST I was not the last one to arrive.  One of the panel members got there after me.  The good news is, it was a really interesting panel discussion, and I had a great time; I think the panel members had a good time, and I think the audience learned some things about how to survive and get better in this business.  My sincere thanks to the Austin Chapter of the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals, great program!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CREEPY SOCKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas ,FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment