Saturday, June 6, 2015

2015 - Day 157/208 - Saturday...

I had considered regaling you with some sort of photographic documentation of the day featuring some of the flora and/or fauna that is relatively typical for the edge of nowhere, but somewhat unique to a more urbanized culture. But then again, it is hard to pass up sharing a photo of a spider as grand and colorful as this one. If you were concerned with a measurement from stem to stern, I will guess it to be about 4-and-a-half inches, and maybe thirty percent more if you were given to splattering it with one of your steel-toed boots. I am not knowledgeable of the particular species of spider it is, but since it was weaving its' wicked web amongst the grape vines, I am going with 'yellow striped grape sucker'. If you have a more literal and scientific name for it, please feel free to share.

I had some errands to run in Austin today, and so Jody and the girl dog accompanied me into the city and camped out at the condo while I took care of my business. Afterwards, we went to the Shake Shack, where Jody was underwhelmed. His shake was good but he did not care for the burger. Net time, we are going to opt for Top Notch on Burnet Road.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SPIDERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment