Tuesday, June 9, 2015

2015 - Day 160/205 - Tuesday...

To begin, let me be clear. I have nothing against Michigan. To be sure, I am kind of fond of the state in which I grew up and was nurtured. Nature v nurture. It was simply a happy circumstance when I was visiting The Googles earlier today to find an appropriate image for the phrase 'Muckety-Muck'. Unfortunately, I will completing a questionnaire for the City of Austin's 'Budget-in-a-Box' program, and I happened to ask for assistance in the proper spelling of 'Muckety-Muck' which resulted in a singularly amazing (less than a tsunami, less than an avalanche) of information about 'Muckety-Muckness', whether it is my own or someone else (i.e., the City of Austin). Thanks very much  to (the other) Bill for forwarding the following information, it is much easier than coming up on my own for a topic of this evenings journal entry.

The origin on Machete-Muck (short for high-muck-a-muck. First known use: 1883.

Synonyms: big, big boy, big cheese, bigfoot, biggie, big gun, big leaguer, big timer, big wheel, bigwig, fat cat, heavy, heavy hitter, heavyweight, kingfish, kingpin, major leaguer, muck-a-muck, mucky muck, nabob, nawab, nibs, nob, pooh-bah, poo-bah, wheel.

Antonyms: lightweight, nobody. non-entity, nothing, shrimp, twerp, whippersnapper, zero, zilch.

You choose, but I am not sure what would happen if you went into Bob's Big Boy (on the west coast) or Elias Brothers (as the franchise was called where I grew up in Michigan) and tried to order Muckety-Muck with fries.

Just sayin'.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MUCKETY-MUCKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment