Saturday, June 20, 2015

2015 - Day 171/194 - Saturday...

Jody took me and the girl dog for a ride in his truck this morning. The girl dog and I hung our heads out the windows, wagged tongues and tails, and barked at dogs and other cars and trucks that passed by. When we got home, we had a good scratch and a tummy rub, and went down for (another) nap.

Other than that, I did not make a lot of contributions to society or mankind in general today. I did get out and go take a look at a couple properties. Collected eggs, moved one of the outdoor fountains from a bed of cannas that had decided to play like they were a tropical rain forest in south America and take over everything in their path. I can understand that. Then there was the chicken incident. Jody and I were out moving the fountain (Jody was supervising and I was trying to convince him he should go back in the house), and one of the chickens decided to go for a swim in the pool. That is, as far as i know, a first. When I lived in Memphis, we had a chicken that tried that when no one was around, and it did not end well. This girl struggled for about ten seconds and then seemed quite content to just float on the currents of the pool. I scooped her up with the leaf skimmer and plopped her down, and off she went. No big deal.

Other than that it was just another day on the edge of nowhere.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHICKENS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment