Friday, June 26, 2015

2015 - Day 177/188 - Friday...

Change. CHanj. verb: To make of become different; "a proposal to change the law". To take or use another instead of; "She decided to change her name". noun: The act or instance of making or becoming different; "the change from a nomadic to an agricultural society". Coins as opposed to paper currency; "a handful of loose change".

I am okay with some change, pennies nickels, dimes and especially quarters. I like to hoard change, and I am not really that fond of spending change. That kind of change I like. There is a particular satisfaction I get every two or three years when I take my tupperware storage bin of change to the Prosperity Bank in Allandale where they will put it through their change counting machine (for free) and we all stand around and take bets on what the total is. Generally it is six or seven hundred bucks. I would like it VERY much if the US Mint would come up with a dollar coin that was actually used by folks, and accepted as a good kind of change. I like that kind of change.

Some kinds of change I am not that good with. I am not happy with the change from Blue Bell ice cream to no Blue Bell ice cream. That is an example of change that I am not crazy with. I am not good with flight changes. If I book my airline flights months in advance, I do not like notifications that my flight has been cancelled or changed. I do not like it when the manufactures change my Peanut M&M bag from 3.5 ounces to 3.27 ounces and increases the price at the same time. I am not really sure that has ever happened, but it might have, and that is another example of changes that I would not like.

Usually I am resistant to change, and I think that is probably true for much of the population. I understand that there is never a good time for change. Generally though, if there is nothing I can do about change, I would prefer to go ahead and get the change done and get on with it. Changes are changes for a reason, and I guess for the most part, change is good. There has been a lot of things that have changed recently, and I am okay with most of it.

Take changing lanes for instance. Generally speaking, I am okay with changing lanes.

Overall, I am okay with the mot recent changes that have happened. TO the best of my knowledge, Hell has not frozen over (although there is this place in Michigan that has a tendency to do that. The earth has not decided to change the direction of its' rotation. The sky outside for the most part is still blue, and I have no reason to believe that I will not awaken from my slumber tomorrow morning.

Just as most of you will, I expect. Embrace the change, embrace whomever might be close to you, and don't forget to tell the people you love that you love them.

I love you.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHANGES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment