Monday, June 8, 2015

2015 - Day 159/206 - Monday...

The figs look like they will have a banner year this year, and that is a pretty good accomplishment if you are a fig tree. It seems to me that figs are an under-appreciated fruit (are figs fruits?), and one that gets no respect from me. Last year, everyone around here was up to their fig trees in figs, so I am opening this up to the city-folk. If you want some figs, come on out and start picking. They should be ready to pick in a week or ten days. Be prepared to get sticky. It is always interesting to me that our figs are rotting on the tree and the chickens are enjoying those that drop to the ground, and there are folks at CostCo paying good money for the received delicacy. Cray-Cray!

Let's go back and review spiders for just a moment. JoeMac took it upon himself to investigate the spider post of last week. There are a couple folks that take great joy in showing me that you can find anything on the Googles if you only put your mind to it.I believe JoeMac found the species and forwarded this link to me to review: Argiope aurantia (Black and Yellow Garden Spider) Pictures and Spider Identification. I took a look at it, and yep, I that that is the one, and I have read this (Evelyn Woods style) a couple times, and the one thing I would have been most interested in was not included. Is it going to hurt if this thing bites me? Is it venomous? Will I be rolling around the path convulsing if I crossed the path of this otherwise just plain scary bug. Since that information was not included (or I just missed it when I was looking for that specifically), I can only assume that it is not poisonous, and I was right just to leave it alone.

What are your thoughts?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, OH FIGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment