Sunday, August 2, 2015

2015 - Day 214/151 - Sunday...

Sunday is the day of rest, and so I did. I was up sort of late, got the paper, let the girls loose, and this is what greeted me when I went outside. A pretty sunrise. We have come to look forward to sunrises and sunsets since we moved out here to the edge of nowhere. We do have a relatively unobstructed view of everything that is around us, and that is good. We can see clouds, rain off in the distance (when there is rain in the area), dust clouds from cars and trucks going down the dirt roads (when there is NO rain in the area), stars at night, an occasional lightning bug, wasps (there are plenty of wasps), cattle (ours, neighbors and some being bred for slaughter), corn fields, wheat fields, sorghum fields, hay grazer fields, goats, chickens (ours and ...) mules, llamas, emus, snakes, turtles, dogs, falling down houses...  I think that pretty much covers it for right now. Let's just say the sunrises, sunsets and clouds are worth it.

I took the molasses buckets and the mineral and salt blocks out to the cattle this morning when it was a little bit (just a little bit) cooler. The tanks are not close to being empty, but they are certainly not what anyone would consider full. We got 0.9" of rain in July, and that was all in the first two days of the month. Austin received NO measurable rain for the entire month, and everything is showing the effects of that; dry and brown. They keep telling us that there is an El Nino in the works, and we will be glad to once again begin complaining about too much rain.

Here is the final photo from my escapades at the State Capitol the other day. It was truly a great experience. I got to see things that not many other people have ever seen. I have had a really remarkable life, I have done lots of things that no one else has ever done, and that is great. I have many memorable experiences, and some others that I would just as soon forget. Anyway, this is not a photo that you typically see from someone that has visited the Capitol. This is a photo from near the top of the dome looking down at the floor of the rotunda. Most photos are from the floor looking up, so I think it is totally appropriate that I took one from the top down.

Perfect.

Overall, I think the coming week will be a relatively calm one, but I have a tendency to say that at the beginning of most weeks.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SIGHTINGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment