Friday, August 14, 2015

2015 - Day 226/139 - Friday...

If the intended purpose here was to cause TOTAL chaos in the otherwise totally screwed up driving patterns of people in and around central Texas, they succeeded magnificently. Backed up for miles-and-miles, it seems that either of both of these vehicles would have been capable (under their own internal combustion powers) been redirected to the shoulder of the road. If not both, then it seems totally reasonable to assume that one or the other could have pulled or pushed the other to a less restraining position (the shoulder). But there they both sat, unoccupied because their individual operators were standing on the shoulder of the road (in the space that should have otherwise been filled by the aforementioned derelict vehicles) obviously planning their dinners and/or playing words with friends, while awaiting the arrival of the local constabulary to their (respective) rescues. I have to admit, this particular paragraph may have taken longer to accomplish that the traffic diversion, but I really doubt it. This particular hazard was recorded at 5:46 pm, prime time for traffic to come to a crawl all across central Texas.

I will now relinquish my soap box.

Why do you think it is that, all week long I have no idea what day it is (although I have to admit there is some vague concept as to if it is the beginning or middle of the week), but I have absolutely NO DOUBT when it is Friday. I am TOTALLY clear when it is Friday, even if Friday has absolutely NO REAL VALUE to me as a REALTOR®. Might as well be Monday after all. But Friday means that I do indeed get to take advantage of a couple extra hours (okay, one extra hour) of sleep tomorrow. And I will most likely be home from showing properties early enough to get a pretty decent nap in the afternoon. Now THAT is the value I find in a Friday!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TRAFFIC, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment