Thursday, August 27, 2015

2015 - Day 239/126 - Thursday...

Well, just as I had suspected, Mr. Speckles was a frisky one right up to the end. While Jody and I were having dinner this evening, I saw something in the pasture that looked like it needed some attention paid to it. There is a pair of binoculars on the window sill next to my chair, so I spied that it was a cow laying down in the pasture. From a distance, the size and shape of the cattle can be a little bit deceiving, so after a few minutes, I took another look, and indeed it was a new calf hanging out close to Orchid. I expect it to be four or five days old, so I will call it a Sunday Baby, born around the 22nd. Markings of black and white just like Mr. Speckles, and probably a bull calf. So, the dynasty continues. This photo shows the Sunday Calf, Daphne and the calfs mama Orchid.

A long day today, after a longer day yesterday. Tomorrow should be better, and the weekend looks like it will be filled with some catch-up sleeping.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LEGACIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment