Friday, August 7, 2015

2015 - Day 219/146 - Friday...

I have ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NEVER claimed to be a biblical scholar, but given my particular station in life I will admit that I believe I contemplate the occasional verse on a more regular basis than many others in the general population that participate in various organized religious activities more frequently than some. That could well be the longest sentence I have produced in the many years I have been authoring this journal. But I digress. It never ceases to amaze me of the things I see (and document photographically) while hurtling willy-nilly, encapsulated within the aluminum confines of my commuting device down a poorly maintained road of concrete and asphalt at speeds in excess of the posted limit. For the Aggies in the group, that translates to speeding down IH-35 at about 85 miles per hour while taking photographs of the crap I see being hauled down the road by the vehicles I am passing.

Now back to the non-biblical-scholar part of this entry. It seems this is a bronze sculpture of Jesus washing the feet of Peter. If you do an Internet search using the aforementioned key words, you will find replications of this same visage done in oil paints, clay, lead, and one especially interesting one one entirely of cheese and placed on display at the Wisconsin State Fair. Jesus washing the feet of Peter is not the first thing that came to my mind, but thankfully the staff in my office is more attuned to this than I, and for that I applaud them.

It is not important what I thought it was, thank you very much.

It is after all, Friday night, and I am ready for the blue chair and the latest rerun of Shark Tank. Enjoy your weekend, try to stay calm and cool, and try not to think about what could happen to a cheese sculpture if it were displayed here in central Texas what the heat (in the shade) has averaged about 103 degrees for the last several days, with heat indices of about 115. Not a pretty thing to think about.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FRITO PIE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

1 comment:

  1. Probably on its way to Life Austin Church (just W of the Y on 71). It caught me off guard as well when I saw it last Sunday for the first time.

    ReplyDelete