Thursday, August 6, 2015

2015 - Day 218/147 - Thursday...

It seems that harvest is in full swing out here on the edge of nowhere. This week the local folks have been harvesting sorghum, milo, and corn, as best I can tell. It is interesting to watch the different types of machinery and vehicles that are involved in harvesting crops. Next up I expect will be the cotton, and that is also interesting to watch. Many of these vehicles and machinery items are used only several times a year, and there is a lot of cash invested in these pieces. I think it pays folks to buy the machinery and then parcel out their services to other farmers that haven't got the equipment. We have 75 acres, and it would be a tremendous expense for us to buy rakes and baling equipment, so we just hire it out and that works for us.

Almost the end of the week. I am not expecting to watch the debates this evening, but I will most likely surf through it a couple times, just to see if I can witness something extra stupid. I think the odds of that are pretty good, but I may just wait for the recaps in the morning paper.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HARVESTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment