Wednesday, August 5, 2015

2015 - Day 217/148 - Wednesday...

I was waiting for the traffic light to change this morning, on Cesar Chavez at the site of the new Fairmont Hotel that is going up. There is not much there yet, but a large crater in the ground. I looked up through the sun roof and saw these three cranes. I thought it was an interesting shot, so I hope you do. I have lived in central Texas since 1985, and this is not the first boom I have experienced here. Actually, I think this is the third boom; one bust and two plateaus. I have always gone on the theory that every peak has a valley, but that does not seem to be the case in central Texas. Lots of peaks, lots of level times, not so many valleys. Does it make the news elsewhere when Austin is once again named the number one something? Honestly, it is getting a little bit tedious for me. It could be worse, I could be living in some economically dis-advantaged place, and all things considered, I am lucky to be in this place in my life. I am the luckiest man in the world!

Lot of accomplishments today, probably more tomorrow. It is the small achievements that are so rewarding, and that is the truth. The big accomplishments are generally made and then there is a little lull...I will take the steady path, thank you very much.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CRANES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment