Saturday, August 8, 2015

2015 - Day 220/145 - Saturday...

When I was a kid growing up in Michigan, my dad would sing a song (being from Alabama and Mississippi, he listened to what was then referred to as Country & Western), and all I have ever been able to remember was the first verse. So, here is your challenge, the first verse went like this: "The bridge washed out, and I cain't swee-yum and my beb-bee's on (pronounced own) the other side". Since the unprecedented amounts of rain we received in May and June of this year, there has been a tremendous up-tick in traffic down our road. We knew the 'bridge' had washed out on CR 384 but we never actually went down to see it. I actually do not remember is being a bridge so much as it was just really a low-water crossing, but it seems there was actually some sort of structure that washed away. So, ever since then, we are getting upwards of 9 to 12 cars going down the road in front of our house (as a result of the detour) and it is almost like living in the city. This urban sprawl thing is going to take a toll on us.

I am sure the chickens could really care less, but I was traumatized somewhat today by bot finding my chicken feed of choice at the farm store in Bartlett. By the time I figured this out, the feed store in Taylor was closed, and the Tractor Supply in Taylor did not have MY chicken feed of choice either. I got one bag of feed that I will try out and see if I (again, my trauma I am sure, not the chickens) like it, and then it will be on to the next thing. Jut another instance of my need for a mission at all times.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DETOURS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment