Tuesday, August 4, 2015

2015 - Day 216/149 - Tuesday...

This is interesting. I don't think there was a tremendous amount of damage done, but one of the city (or state) office buildings downtown was evacuated for some reason this afternoon. I saw smoke but no flames. It was either that, or the entire staff was taking a cigarette break en masse. I am going with something causing smoke, because you know Austin is WAY TOO COOL for actually smoking cigarettes, everyone here is into the vape!

Pretty much a full day in the office, completed a couple dreaded chores that I could no longer put off. Those are the ones I hate, and I know, I know, you are always supposed to do those first, but nope, I don't want to and nobody can make me. I don't (particularly) avoid confrontation, but I certainly do have an aversion to boredom. And repetition. And piece work. Pay me by the job and I am all over that, and now get out of my way.

We are in the string of 100 degree days, no end in sight, no rain on the horizon for at least two weeks. This is a comfortable and familiar habit; complaining about the heat and the lack of precipitation. We don't really have seasonal changes here in central Texas, we have the changes of the complaints surrounding our everyday existence. I cannot wait until Halloween so we can commence the official Christmas complaining season.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, THE GREAT GLISTENING MASSES
, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment