Tuesday, June 7, 2016

2016 - Day 159/207 - Tuesday...

Hmmm. The cactus blossoms are still going pretty strongly here on the edge of nowhere. The cannas in the backyard are as high as the eaves of the house. We are still swamp-like, there is water everywhere. Our ex-neighbor (but still good friend) Randy came out to the house today, to spray the weeds along our fence lines. He reported that the cattle have been sticking their heads through the fences, so I need to get back there and do some repairs. I have been trying to get the fences repaired for a while, but it seems like I will actually have to get someone to come out and give us some idea about what needs to be done. It will all get taken care of within the next month to two. Rain: You can't live with it (like we have had in the last six weeks), but you sure can't live without it.

I am doing one of my favorite things right now, watching Genealogy Road Show on PBS. Interesting stuff. I would like to be one of their guinea pigs and find out all the trash about my ancestry. I have done the "23 and Me" test, and found out that, to the best of my knowledge, I am totally, boringly northern European. I was expecting a more varied background, but there is still a part of me that hopes I am more diverse. We shall see.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BLOOMS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment