Thursday, June 23, 2016

2016 - Day 175/191 - Thursday...

The Plumeria (also goes by frangipani) is actually one of my favorite tropical plants. Once you understand their needs, they are pretty easy to grow, even here where it can get to below freezing in the winter months. Basically, they need to go dormant, no water, for the late fall/winter months. Even when there is no more threat of freezing temperatures, they are still dormant. They will wake up when they are good and damn ready. This is the third year we have had this particular plant, although we have had others over the years. This one was given to us by our good friends Paul and Nancy. Nancy's parent grew these, and she gifted us with a cutting. I think this will be the year that it really shows off. Anecdotally speaking, back in the '6y0s, Avon put out a soap and other products with the frangipani fragrance, and I used to buy it for my mother. It smells (to me) like buttered popcorn!

I don't know about your guys, but I had a really nice day today. I was able to put my head don and get lots of work done in the office, and made some great headway. Proud of what I accomplished, but most of it is super secret for a while yet.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PLUMERIA, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment