Friday, June 10, 2016

2016 - Day 162/204 - Friday...

Back on the edge of nowhere. The last session in Denver ended at about noon (not sure because I left at 11:50 to catch my flight back to Austin), and overall, I give these Broker Summits an overall rating of 9 out of 10. Some of them have been better than others. I have been to three out of four of them, and the intent is to get SOMETHING in the 8 hours of sessions that you can take back to your office and share with your colleagues, something that will make you able to work smarter, work better and to watch out for perils in the representation game, when litigation is some prominent and easily accomplished. The opening speaker for today was Mary Lou Retton. She is a perky little speaker, gave us lots of insights into her challenges and successes, and overall, it was a great motivational chat. Just a thought: I wonder what it is like to PEAK at 15 or 16? That was kind of one of the questions she was asked, and she said she just goes from one goal to another. I get it.

I am not so sure I care much for Denver. The staff at the Hotel were friendly enough, but not exceedingly so. The mountains were nice to look at, but otherwise, the area seemed kind of sparsely inhabited. I am sure that if I had more time, I would have found things about it that I liked, but these meetings are 'in-and-out, nobody-gets-hurt'.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DENVER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment