Sunday, December 11, 2016

2016 - Day 346/20 - Sunday...

As was reported by the professional prognosticators, the temperatures did climb higher on the thermometer by late afternoon, but the sun DID NOT shine until about 5 o'clock. When I went outside to get the newspaper this morning, I would have sworn that it had rained overnight, but that was not the case. I guess it was just a really HEAVY dew. I got a lot of small chores completed today, the most satisfying of which was taking two bales of hay to the cattle. I am always very VERY pleased with myself when I can outsmart the cattle. It is not something that I am 100% successful at, but today was my lucky day. I took a bale of hay to the furthest pasture and they waited until I was busy getting another bale ready and they went to the first bale and left me to my own devices to unload the second bale. This is a photo of the cattle, that is Violet in the foreground, our first born.

After my chores, I went in to Georgetown and stopped at Target to do a little bit of shopping. It was kind of surreal, because I had no idea of what I was looking for. I did stock up on sodas, got an 8" frying pan, a container to store cereal in and a new toy for the girl dog. I see more trips to stores in my future. I always do my best work under pressure anyway.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CATTLE SMARTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment