Tuesday, December 27, 2016

2016 - Day 362/4 - Tuesday...

I had a plumeria emergency yesterday. Jody told me he thought the freeze had taken hold of the plumeria in the front barn, and sure enough it had. I cut off the 'mushy' parts, but I saved them for possible planting in the spring. I hope it will come back, I did not expect it would get so cold in the barn, but it did. I will have to take some precautions if it gets cold again this year. Mikey, send some cuttings, please.

It has been an interesting couple of days. Other than the obvious stuff, Jody's car would not start yesterday. I put the trickle charge on it, and it started up fine this morning. Twice. Jody went out to take the girl dog for a ride this afternoon, and it would not start. Long story short: I put the charger on it again, and it started up after about 20 minutes. I hauled-ass into Georgetown, and got a new battery at Walmart. It was under warranty, it seems Jody had the battery replaces in August of 2015. SO, that was a free, under-warranty replacement.

To continue: when I got up this morning, there was no water. I called the water service, yep, lots of folks don't have any water. Here is where I make this long story short: By the middle of the afternoon, we had water again, but we are supposed to boil the water before we use it until further notice. I am not going to boil the water to bathe in (this is not New Orleans or Flint), but I will be using bottled water to brush my teeth tomorrow.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STUFF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment