Friday, December 23, 2016

2016 - Day 358/8 - Friday...

Let's talk about ducks... Or not. It was a nice day if you happened to be a duck. It was dribbling rain on me when I went out to get the paper this morning. Then it rained a little bit harder. And then I got busy running some errands, and it rained a little bit harder yet. Then there were these ducks. There were about two dozen ducks of various colors and shapes and sizes. That was before I saw this creek. Or rain water detention pond. Or sewer. I am not sure what it was/is, but it had some sort of aeration system working, and the ducks seemed to be quite fond of it. Here are a couple little known facts about ducks: Some duck species, such as the mallard, are found throughout the world. A baby duck is called a duckling (as in ugly), and an adult male duck is called a drake. I have a friend whose son is named Drake, I wonder if there is a connection there? An adult female duck is called a hen or a duck, and a group of ducks can be called a raft, team or paddling.

Who knew?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DUCKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment