Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2017 - Day 10/355 - Tuesday...

I was up a little bit early this morning, waiting for the sun to rise. I was tasked (by myself) to move the cattle into the pasture on the west side of the property, so we could have the newest (about 7 years old) tank repaired. The cattle proved to be very cooperative, and it took no time to get them secured in that single pasture. All I had to do was close gates separating them into that one pasture, and that was that. When I got out there, they were already in that pasture, and all but one of them were down and chewing. Nothing to herd, but I had prepared for the worst. In any case, the sunrise was worth the extra effort, and it was one of the better one of the new year so far. Enjoy.

I had a lunch appointment with a friend of mine, and I got there a little bit early. At the moment, it was 71 degrees, and a lovely central Texas afternoon. I was a little early, so I got to enjoy a little people watching. Granted, I am a senior citizen who wears crazy stuff on purpose, and I know and recognize that fact. I have to tell you, it was not nearly as concerning as the passing parade of humanity that passed by wearing Bermuda cargo shorts, sandals and black knee socks. Not just one occurrence, three separate 'seniors' with a similar outfit. AND THOSE WERE THE WIMMIN! It was an interesting lunch appointment, and good things will come of it, and it just reinforced my commitment to not go quietly into that next act. I have pretty much retired the bow ties, but the socks and Crocs are my newest trend. The trunk is full of Crocs-of-a-different-color, and I couldn't be more pleased! Yep, those are watermelon socks. I get lots of socks these days, and I very seldom buy pairs. I received some great (NSFW) socks over the Holidays, and a couple gift subscriptions to sock-of-the-month clubs. I am pretty much in high cotton in the sock department!

Last year or maybe the year before, the new tank (review the first paragraph, above) was breached because of some heavy rains we had, and we were just getting around to getting it fixed. Our neighbors out here on the edge of nowhere are great, and they are always happy to help. The work on the tank today was spearheaded by one of the neighbors (Jim) and if you did not know better, you would not think that this repair was completed today. It looks great, and we are expecting some good rain (2, maybe three inches) over the coming weekend. If you go back a ways in these journal posts, you will see a photo of the breech, but it is all fixed now!

Next on the list is getting some of the fences and gates repaired. There is always something that needs fixing. We are always fixing' to do something.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FIXIN', Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment