Thursday, January 12, 2017

2017 - Day 12/353 - Thursday...

I was nonchalantly walking back into the house this morning after having retrieved the newspaper and loosed the girl chickens, when I spied an unfamiliar blob in my path. Being a cautious gentleman farmer on the edge of nowhere, I clicked on my torch and saw this guy, stopped dead (not really) in his tracks, as if he/she was participating in a mannequin challenge. He/She turned to go before I could get my camera opened on the phone, and I had to encourage him/her to hold up just a few seconds so I could record the event for posterity. That caused him/her a distinct amount of displeasure, during  which a volley of hissing and fang baring became evident, and we both retreated to the comforts of our respective domestic and non-domesticated dwellings. I think his/her dwelling is under the front barn, but I am not 100 sure of that.

I can tell you that a series of events that causes a couple cars and trucks to try and become one will result in a traffic back-up of about seven miles on the expressway. I tend to believe that the convertible top on this Mustang was in its' upright and locked position before it collided with the truck, but I am not certain of that fact. All the vehicles involved in this mishap were on the shoulder of the highway, but the local gendarmes insisted that it was necessary to block not one but two lanes of the three-land highway. Not sure why that is, although there have been times with I thought discretion was the better part of valor. The only positive thing about this incident was that I was on the opposite side, headed in the opposite direction.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, OPOSSUMS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment