Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 - Day 2/363 - Monday...

Here is another photos of the moon and Mars, taken early this evening. You can just barely see Mars, below and to the right of the moon. If you squint, maybe you can see it, just about as big as the head of a really small pin in this photo. It was interesting to see the difference in its' position comparing today with yesterday.

I am so used to making sure I accounted for the leap-day last year, that I have to think about how many days there are in a year. I am okay with writing 2017 on checks and things, but the number of days is going to be a little bit of a challenge.

Very little was accomplished today, it was almost like a Saturday. We did get one egg, so 50/50 for the year is not terrible. We got a little over 4/10 of an inch of rain overnight, and the girl dog climbed into the bed with me and got under the covers for part of the night. She is not a real fan of thunder or lightning. It was in the mid-70s this afternoon, with lots of sunshine. There is a front expected to come in overnight Tuesday into Wednesday, dropping the afternoon high temperatures into the 50s.

I just checked with the Googles, and it is reported that, on average, Mars is 225 million km from the earth. Not being a math wizard, I figure that to be about 140 million miles from the edge of nowhere to the planet I went outside and looked at both last night and tonight. If that is so, then why don't the weather men say visibility is 140 million miles? I can see it from here, so that means I can see something +/- 140 million miles away. But the weather man just reported visibility to be 10 miles. Scratchin' my head!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MARS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment