Friday, January 6, 2017

2017 - Day 6/359 - Friday...

This is not some bad Alfred Hitchcock movie, this was reality on my drive into town this morning. I had some errands to get taken care of yesterday, so I had to leave the office early and get home. Which meant, I was getting a little bit behind in my work. SO...I got up at 4:30 this morning, did some work and took off to the office at about 6:30. It is not at all unusual for the grackles to start moving around early in the morning, and this is what it looked like while driving down IH-35. Grackles everywhere! It is interesting to see them sometimes, either early in the morning or when they are getting ready to roost for the evening. One thing for sure, you do not want to be UNDER them, and you do not want to park your car UNDER them. We have a tendency to search for a shady spot to park in the summer time, but it is something you need to be very careful of. I think these birds are capable of producing about three or four times their weight in shit on a daily basis. You heard me, so just be careful!

I got to the office and got the rest of my work done (the inter-webs connection is much better in the office) and headed off to guide a class of new members through their Orientation Ethics. I always enjoy teaching these classes, and today was no exception. It was a lot of fun, and I am pretty sure the newly licensed REALTORS® learned a couple things that will help them out in their careers. At least they said they did.

After that, I had an appointment with a new client, and we spent a couple hours looking at different parts of town. That is one of the things I like about my work; I get to see the city with new eyes every time I work with a client that is transferring into town. Austin is not nearly as provincial as folks across the country believe it is. It was fun, too.

AND, did I mention that it is colder than a fart in a dead Eskimo out here. That is, by the way, the coldest thing in the world. If you don't believe me, let me know and I will send you the spread sheet documentation. It is really cold here, and we have another couple days of this.

Ugh.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COLD, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment