Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 - Day 1/364 - New Years Day...

Well, here we go again. Another year. Today begins the ninth year of this journal. This photo was used on Day 1 of this blog in 2009. Things have certainly changed. I have no beard, and the landscaping is certainly not as nice now as it was then. Lots of things has changed/grown (especially the weeds)/evolved over those years, and there is nothing at all wrong with that. Welcome to the new year, and let us all know if you have made any resolutions. I made one (I think)

but I forgot already what is was.

I spend way too long trying to get the shredder hooked up to the tractor this afternoon. I finally got it connected, and I am certain that I was making it much more difficult that it needed to be. The intent was to take some hay out to the cattle and shred a little grass between here and there. It ended up that the cattle did not need any hay (they still have hay in the rings), and I was over the initiative to shred grass by the time I got the shredder connected. There is always tomorrow (or the next day).

While I was reading my meters this evening, Jody took the girl dog for a walk, and on the way back, we saw Mars and the Moon. I believed it was Saturn, but a friend's Facebook post reported it was Mars, and I am not going to contradict that. If you know for sure, just let us know, but for now I am going with Mars.

And, finally, as a salute to all things CDO and anal-retentive (there you go Bonnie), here are the year end results of my attention to some things unimportant to anyone but me. In 2016 we used 27,760 gallons of water here on the edge of nowhere. We used 28,246 kWh of electricity (net) and returned 1,202 kWh of electricity to the grid. The electricity we produce is the electricity we use first, then any excess we produce is returned to the grid. Getting down into the weeds, that would be 101,685.6 and 4,327.2 megajoules of electricity, respectively. We also got 998 eggs for the year, but that is nothing to really brag about.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STATISTICS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

Some things never change...

No comments:

Post a Comment