Saturday, January 14, 2017

2017 - Day 14/351 - Saturday...

Mystery solved. Case closed. You read it here first. Or maybe second. About ten days ago (okay, exactly ten days ago), I think I shared with you all that Jody and I had to drive into town in his truck to do some errands. For a while, whenever I drove the truck (not that often), I would hear a flapping noise. It flapped more quickly the faster we would go. I could never find the source of the noise. That day, the flapping was louder, and while we were going down the Interstate, it got worse and then all hell broke loose. As I was pulling off onto the shoulder, I told Jody that it sounded like the tread had separated from the tire, and that I guessed we had a flat tire. As I said that, I was looking out the rear view mirror to see the debris field that was being expunged from the vehicle. Nothing. Crickets. Once on the shoulder, I got out, looked under the car, saw nothing, no flat tires, got back into the car and we continued on our way. The flapping was less, but still there a little bit. Jody took the car into the shop, nothing. Crickets. I continued to hear the noise, the faster and faster I drove the more I could hear it. When Jody drove the truck, he could not hear anything.

I took the car into the shop today, and it was raining, so the flapping was harder to hear, but I was pretty obvious (even with the rain dampened roads), but I was pretty certain the service peeps would not hear anything. Sure enough, "We drove the car and didn't hear anything, so we want you to drive with us and tell us when you hear it". Well, as it turned out, while we were looking in the wheel well before driving off, we could see that there was about a foot of tread missing on one of the tires.

I AM NOT CRAZY. Well, I may be crazy, but the flapping was not all my imagination.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CRAZY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment