Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2017 - Day 3/362 - Tuesday...

Repeat after me: IT'S TUESDAY! This time next week, I expect I will not need any reminders about what the day of the week is. I could get used to these short work-weeks. I think maybe I should have relocated to France. Not only did they give us French Fries (I know, I know, this is a journal for entertainment value only, not fact. Not too much fact, anyway.), but they are big advocates in hardly working at all. If you want a shorter work week and you want to work less hours in a day, move to France. Not that there is anything wrong with that. If you want a shorter work week, try working for any retail establishment in the United States. Shorter work weeks YES. Shorter pay check, NO. When you go into many retail establishments in this part of the country (I am being careful not to generalize), you practically have to BEG people to take your money. Jody and I were in Walgreen's the other day, and it took 15 minutes to get through the check out line. People were backed up and there were three registers open, but there was NO progress being made. The actual WORK part of the work WEEK has already been reduced, but the number of hours you are at your place of work (at which you should very vocally and loudly complain to all within earshot) have not.

Oh my.

Well, I am glad that is over. Let me speak just for a moment about the photo that I posted up there. It was taken as I was on my way to the office this morning, and very nice sunrise.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WORKING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment