Wednesday, January 25, 2017

2017 - Day 25/340 - Wednesday...

What do you think this entry is about? A) The new mailbox post my neighbor Jim made, B) The lovely clouds that I saw while on my way home, 3) The three (maybe four) wrecks that I encountered in drive-time traffic (one of which included a car laying on its' side on the shoulder of the road), or D) The time the girl dog chased a skunk and lost. If you answered 5) ALL OF THE ABOVE, you are right!

Where shall I begin this journal entry? Well, it seems pretty obvious (even to me) that I started the journal entry in the paragraph that precedes this one! It was pretty much an uneventful (yet fulfilling) day. It started early with a Water Forum at ABoR. I was in the office for several hours, taking care of business, and then headed home. Wrecks grandma! Too many to count. I had not taken a photo for this entry, so on the way home, I saw some interesting clouds. Stopped to take a photographic documentation of the fact (no alternate facts here), and then made it to the house on the edge of nowhere.

When I got home, I noticed that the work on the fences and the middle barn had been completed (now we can put the big tractor under cover). Neighbor Jim stopped by and I asked him about the mailbox post we had talked about. He said it was already done, and I had not even paid attention when I pulled in to the driveway. It is made with an old Model A wheel which I think is really cool, and it is much better than one that I could buy at the Home Depot. It is a true work of rusty art, just exactly the kind of stuff that I like. TOTALLY.

After I came in, I built a fire in the stove (it is going to be in the 30s over night for the next couple days), and we had dinner. After dinner, I took the girl dog out with me to put the girl chickens to bed. I had been very proud that for the last several weeks (maybe months) the girl dog had gone to help with this chore without the leash (even though I always carried it with me just for good measure). Long story short, she spotted a skunk (before I did) and off she went. I saw the aftermath of the girl dog and the skunk, and definitely could smell the aftermath.

We were somewhat prepared for this eventuality. Jody had stocked a miracle product GUARANTEED to get rid of the skunk odor. Admittedly it did a pretty good job, but it wasn't until both the girl dog and yours truly were in the shower together, all soaped up with no place to go, that I decided the theme of this journal was going to take a turn.

All is well that ends well! No photographic documentation of the skunk debacle, you will just have to take my word for it.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SKUNKS TOO, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment