Wednesday, March 8, 2017

2017 - Day 67/298 - Wednesday...

Yesterday while I was still in Maui, we were supposed to have lunch outside in one of the Hotels garden areas. We did, but we were mostly taking cover the various shade umbrellas that were placed here and there. We all really expected the rain to quit, and it did quit and then started up again, and then it quit and then it started up again. After lunch, I went up to my room to do some work, and was surprised to be awakened from my 'work' by the rain. It was really raining heavily, and there were flood warning. We were supposed to have the ending reception outside, but that was quickly moved inside, so everything worked out just fine. My flight left Maui at 11:30 their time (which translates to 'the middle of the f'ing night Texas time), and I got there a couple hours early. Christi from Houston gave me a ride to the airport (she had a flight on another airline and had to turn in her rental car), so everything worked out just fine. I expected to sleep the entire flight to Phoenix, but that was not in the cards. I do not think I slept more than three minutes at a time the whole trip back, but I did get in some sleep between Phoenix and Austin. Overall, it was a great conference, they always are, and there was a lot of knowledge to be gained and information to be shared and networking to be networked. I am having issues with the fact that Daylight Saving time starts on Sunday.
Deeds, Actions, Changes, STORMS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment