Thursday, March 16, 2017

2017 - Day 75/290 - Thursday...

I am not sure if rain is in the forecast or not, but it has been grey and gloomy for most of the day. There was dribbles of rain this morning when I went to let the girls loose. The girls think I am crazy because THEY did not change their clocks last Sunday. They are still roosting on Central Time. They are a non-conformist group of chickens to be sure. But I digress... I drove into Austin with the windshield wipers coming on and off intermittently, and it pretty well stopped by the time I got to the office. But on the way home (I left earlier today) the clouds were coming in and it looked like there could be a good chance of showers. By the time I got home, the skies were clear and blue with just a few clouds here and there, and the sun was shining. It makes me wonder if Austin is not only a heat island that causes rain to go around it, but is it also a 'dreary island' which causes the clouds to hang around and produce nothing. The fact that thousands of people travel up and down IH-35 on a daily basis (not fast either) makes me wonder if it is not really clouds but air pollution. I generally dismiss that thought and just start fist raising at the folks stopped around me in the Interstate. And this week has had far too many observances for my liking; Pi Day, Ides of March and tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day (who was never really made a Saint, but that's another story). Too many... Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOUDS, Kindnesses, Wh
irled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment