Saturday, March 25, 2017

2017 - Day 84/281 - Saturday...

We both slept in a little later than usual this morning, and that was nice. I was a little bit cooler this morning, and the winds were coming out of the north, so I actually put on a jacket when I went outside to let the girls loose and to pick up the paper. I started cutting grass about 8:30, and got all the front done, and that was pretty much time to call it a day. With all the high winds lately, there is a tree that trying to fall, and it is only being held up by the tree next to it. I am considering putting a chain through the fork of the tree, hooking the chain up to the tractor (I have about 50 feet of chain) and seeing if I can pull it over and keep it from falling on the front barn and wiping out the chicken coop. We will see how that works out, I am still pondering it. Some of the fallen limbs were hauled to the back of the property and added to one of the burn piles. Jody went with me and we now have several nice stands of bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush back there. We went searching for more bluebonnets where we had seen some lovely patches last year, but nothing. These patches on the back of the property are some of the nicest we've seen this year, so that is very nice. Deeds, Actions, Changes, BLUEBONNETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas!

No comments:

Post a Comment