Thursday, August 3, 2017

2017 - Day 215/150 - Thursday...

If you squint your eyes and count really carefully, you will be able to spy these six chicks, the youngest of these will turn six weeks old next week, and then next weekend we will be moving them from this small run to the intermediate girl run. Then a couple weeks after that (okay, maybe three weeks after that), we will integrate them into the coop with all the girls. I need to decide if that will be all the chicks for this season or if I want to get another half-dozen. So far this month (I know it is only the third day) we have gotten ONE egg from ten chickens that are old enough to lay. The problem may be that they are TOO OLD to lay. So, couple that with the heat, and there is just no egg production at all. Nothing of particular interest to report otherwise. No rain today (other than a trace), so I am watering trees, and I will be watering some plants later this evening, so I don't have to do it in the morning. We used 28,000 gallons of water last month, and I think there will be another couple months with that kind of usage, and then everything should be pretty well settled in. Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHICKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment