Monday, August 28, 2017

2017 - Day 240/125 - Monday...

I am several months behind in reading my various magazines and newsletters that are delivered to the house. Jody and I have conscientiously taken the path of non-renewals. Not all of them, but many of them. My subscription to People Magazine expired months ago, and they keep sending me magazines and pleas for renewals. HGTV Magazine is not being renewed, I get plenty of that on the television. GRIT is a gift subscription, and we like that one, it gives us good ideas for coping with chickens and other farmer like things. Jody gets a lot of magazines; Time, Consumer Reports, these and those. But I digress. I am, as I said earlier, several months behind in my magazine reading. In March of this year, I was reading the 'year end' issue of People Magazine, and they listed the Top 10 Books (in the Best of 2016 section) of the year. I cut out the page, and I finished reading (listening to really) the ten books a week or two ago. Granted I got a late start AND I was distracted for a couple months, but I did finish. I like achieving the goals I set out for myself. Anyway, that is done, and I have read (listened to) a couple other books since then. If you have any thoughts on books you have found interesting, let me know. I am now taking referrals. It has stopped raining here and the sun is even out. All together since last Friday, we have had just shy of 5-1/4" of rain. We are happy about that, but all the cracks up towards the road have not even closed up. I wonder how much rain it would take? We are so much luckier than the citizens of Houston, I cannot comprehend what they are facing, and predictions of up to 25" of more rain. Just mind boggling. Do something nice for someone, please. Thanks. Deeds, Actions, Changes, BOOKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment