Monday, August 7, 2017

2017 - Day 219/146 - Monday...

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that today was a most excellent day! Probably in the top 150 days in my life, likely because I cannot remember that many days, but having lived approximately 30,000 days, that classifies it as a pretty good day. First off, since we last were together, we have received 4.25" of rain. It was a nice rain in that it did not wake me during the night. The new girl dogs are not afraid of thunder, lightning or rain, so we just get to sleep through the night. Traffic was not horrendous going or coming today. This is the part that is going to sound odd, but the fact that we got rain and the fact that I did not have to worry about watering plants in the yard seemed to have lifted a burden off me, and that was another of the most excellent parts of the day. AND THEN, I attended a TREC quarterly meeting, and that was another most excellent part of the day. I am very well aware that, when huge organizations run well, it is because all the people involved in the organization know how to do their jobs, and it makes everything look easy. The Texas Real Estate Commission runs well and the Commissioners are all most excellent at what they do, and they make it look easy. BUT, I am telling you, it is really complicated, and there are a lot of moving parts, and the meeting today was a good example of all of those parts working together for a common cause. Most Excellent. Deeds, Actions, Changes, MOST EXCELLENCE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment