Wednesday, August 23, 2017

2017 - Day 235/130 - Wednesday...

Yep, that's rain folks. RAIN! I really did not think it was going to rain today, even though that was (kinda sorta) in the forecast, but it did in fact rain! There were clouds, but clouds don't really mean anything in central Texas. Clouds just make you think it might rain, but it won't really. BUT, it really did rain today, not sure how much rain there was in Austin, but out here on the edge of nowhere, we have so far recorded 0.35" and it is still sprinkling. I watered stuff this morning, and I was going to water trees this afternoon when I got home, but I am thinking of taking a break. There is a tropical something brewing in the Gulf, and the prognosticators are telling us it is heading this way. Friends from the Valley to the Mississippi coast are getting ready for heavy rains. Even though there is the possibility of it reaching hurricane velocity before it makes landfall (probably on Friday morning) I do not think the winds will be the problem. The flooding is what will be the problem. We all need to be ready for high water. And everyone needs to keep their fingers crossed that everyone will remain safe. I spent the day in a classroom setting today, and I was the attendee, not the guide. It was two good classes, and one of our agents was attending the class as well, and by completing the two classes, it makes me eligible for a couple more designations. Multi-tasking is a good thing! Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAINS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment