Sunday, August 20, 2017

2017 - Day 232/133 - Sunday...

I started the morning reading the paper, drinking coffee and cooking a pile of eggs for me and Jody. Shortly after breakfast, I cleaned the chicken coop and took the cattle a bale of hay. The grasses in the back pasture (and the front pasture for that matter) are looking really nice, and I think there may be a second cutting this year. That will be great. With only seven head of cattle, that would mean that they could be spoiled with fresh hay bales, and I could sell off the other two years worth of hay that we have. The stock tanks back there are pitiful, but they are not without water, they are enjoying the fluoridated water piped in from the city. Very fancy. After that, Jody took the girl dogs for a ride, and, as promised, this is a photo of the little piglet girl who is much more comfortable sitting on the bench wagging her tongue than going to all the trouble of looking out a window. She will look out a window occasionally, but never long enough for me to take a photo. After we got home, I jumped in the pool (a new exception to actual bathing) and went back to the estate sale in Austin. I had a couple things in my hands, and the painting I wanted was still there, and I was given the sticker and told I won the bid. Then another woman protested and out bid me considerably, so I put my other stuff down and left. I had six dollars worth of other stuff (which really were pretty good bargains) but I really wanted the painting, so I left deflated. But not any poorer than when I went in. Deeds, Actions, Changes, PIGLET, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment