Thursday, August 24, 2017

2017 - Day 236/129 - Thursday...

The poor weather guy looks kind of like the devil here in Austin on one of the channels. Harvey the Hurricane is bearing down on the Gulf Coast, and we may get a little bit of rain out of it. Maybe more than a little. Forecasts are running anywhere from 2 to 3 inches of rain, up to over 20 inches of rain in the Austin area. A lot of it could depend on whether the storm stalls once it hits land or if it moves quickly and which way it turns once it hits land. I expect we could get five or six inches of rain, but again, we will just wait it out. I am intending to go into the office tomorrow, get some stuff done, and then make a grocery stop on the way home. I don't think too many people will be hoarding groceries, but I kind of want to make sure we have enough Twinkies to make it through. It has been years since I have had a Twinkie, but this seems like a good time to buy some. Otherwise, I really expect we will be okay. When we first moved out here, we got over nine inches of rain in a 24 hour period, and it was no big deal. I will keep you all posted. OH...and the phone guy just got our land line fixed. We are up to about 1960 right now!
Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment