Tuesday, August 15, 2017

2017 - Day 227/138 - Tuesday...

Today is your lucky day. I'm gonna tell you a couple things that I know for sure. I have been a REALTOR® for 22 years. It is not really something I call a job, because I like doing what I do for the most part. Interestingly, many times I tell people (and quite frequently to folks attending classes that I am guiding) that I am unemployed between closings. Kind of. Closings are a good thing. Closing a transaction is really not the end of a story, but hopefully the beginning of a bunch of new stories. Today I attended a closing with my client, and it was really fun. My client had worked really hard to get this deal together, and he did everything that he was asked to do. He used a lender that he was very familiar with, and everything they asked for, he did. He jumped through all their hoops, and then they would throw more obstacles in front of him. I'm a cusser, he is not one so much. Even though they would ask him for the same information time and again, he would give it to them, even though he told them he had already provided it to them a couple times before. BUT, he persevered. And you know what the payoff was today when we attended the closing of his new home? I heard him laugh! He laughed! He is kind of a worrier, but I think (finally) it was like a great burden had been lifted off his shoulders, and he laughed. I (personally) love to laugh. I remember a time in my life when someone asked me what I was looking forward to when a particular job I had taken on was over, and my response was, I am looking forward to laughing again. SO...my client laughed today, and I had a little part in that. Yes, I got paid too, but I was reminded about what the important things are. Enjoy your life. LAUGH! Deeds, Actions, Changes, LAUGH DAMMIT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment