Monday, January 15, 2018

2018 - Day 15/350 - Monday...1881...

Well, central Texas is in shut-down mode. It was 70 degrees in Austin this afternoon, but we are supposed to have freezing rain (maybe some snow) overnight. The expected low temperature overnight is supposed to be 27 degrees, the high temperature tomorrow 30, the low temperature on Wednesday morning is 19 degrees, Thursday morning 24 degrees. Then we get back to some semblance of normal. Back up to 70 degrees on Saturday. Perfect. I'd rather have the bad mojo during the week than on the weekend. It was a nice sunrise this morning, and I am posting that instead of the interesting wreck I saw on the way home. No casualties, no injuries, everyone was standing around and talking while BOTH vehicles were loaded onto one tow truck. And, I guess tow truck is not really appropriate anymore, since they kind of drag them onto a flat-bed sort of thing. BUT, two tows at one time seems to be a step in the right direction.

Just announced Austin schools are closed tomorrow, that is kind of the bench-mark for those schools that were on the cusp of making a decision. Schools in the area started sending out notices about noon today. We are such cowards, but I know someone that will be sleeping in tomorrow.

I still have a box of Twinkies in the garage refrigerator. I didn't open them during the hurricane, but it is comforting to know that they have a shelf life longer than I will be around. I'll be dead and they will still be edible.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TWINKLES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment