Monday, January 22, 2018

2018 - Day 22/343 - Monday...1861...

I was out showing some property in East Austin, and I do not think I could have documented any thing at all that would have better made a representation about East Austin. East Austin is being gentrified, and at the same time there is a movement to save some of the flavor. Historically, East Austin was inhabited by persons of color, particularly hispanics and blacks. Austin is not and has not been a city of diversity, and the East Side was where you could get great Tex-Mex (among other things). Now let me try to dig myself out of this hole. The hole was dug with the absolute best of intentions, so I hope there has been no offense. Anyway...many of the homes on the East Side are being scraped and replaced with McMansions...you know the story. BUT...I stopped traffic behind me to take this photo, and I think it is a great representation of trying to preserve the flavor of the East Side.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, Murals, Kindnesses, Wh
irled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment