Saturday, January 27, 2018

2018 - Day 27/338 - Saturday...1869...

After the great chicken massacre of 2018, I replenished the chicken supply with a dozen chicks two weeks ago. Four of the chicks were already two weeks old, and the other eight were just a couple days old. One of the chicks died in the first week, which I do not think is at all uncommon. The other eleven seem to have flourished so far. The four oldest chicks were moved to the next sized pen (I have three different pen sizes for the chicks before they are put in the coop with the other hens) this afternoon. There are still some chilly nights that will come along, but they are equipped with a heat lamp and seemed to have token to their expanded space with no real issues. I will go out an check on them again tonight before I go to bed. But, I think chicks and chickens are more robust and of stronger spirit than we give them credit for. Unless they are attacked by the neighbors dogs or coyotes.

I have been having challenges keeping up with my nuts lately. I have been snacking on nuts, and I keep moving them and forgetting where I have moved them to. One night Jody and I spent thirty minutes looking for my nuts. In case I ask you if you have seen my nuts lately, please remind me that they are on the bottom shelf in the back kitchen.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NUTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment