Saturday, January 20, 2018

2018 - Day 20/345 - Saturday...1870...

I swear there was a pack of coyotes outside our bedroom window last night at 3:38 a.m. I think they were watching a football game. They woke me up, but Jody slept through it. It is not the first time they have wakened me, and it seems to be more frequent now. I am on extra alerts to the coyotes since the great chicken slaughter of a couple weeks ago. I also think they were in the bed of cactus in the circle of the drive. Late this evening I noticed a lot of the cactus broken, and that is the only thing I can think of that would have caused it. The chickens were safe. I lock them up in their coop shortly after the sun goes down, and the chicks are doing well. We did lose one of the chicks, but so far I think one of twelve is not a terrible mortality rate, considering we have had temperatures down in the teens.

I also put down new sheet vinyl on the floor of the chicken coop this morning. The temperatures are climbing back to closer to normal temps...it made it up to almost 70 this afternoon, that was nice. We are supposed to have a little bit of rain in the next twenty four hours, and nice days for most of next week. I hope the girls like their new flooring, it certainly makes everything else look better out there in the coop.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, VINYL, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment