Sunday, January 28, 2018

2018 - Day 28/337 - Sunday...1851...

It started out pretty chilly here on the edge of nowhere, but it turned out pretty nicely. We made it up to 69 degrees, they made 70 degrees in Austin. Today makes two days in a row that I got everything on my 'to done' list cleared, plus a little bit more. Among other things, I took two bales of hay out to the cattle, and I shredded some of the dead weeds out there on about 20% of one of the pastures. That is really no great accomplishment, but it is a start. Jody and I went into Taylor, so I could buy some crap at the Harbor Freight store. Crap I tell you! Whatever. Later this afternoon, I was taking the garbage up to the road, and there was a hawk in the chicken pen. Not in the coop, just in the pen. There is a fence gate that I leave open to the pen, and lots of times birds of various ilk get in the gate but can't figure out how to get out. I got it out. The chickens were hiding in the rose bushes in the driveway circle. I had seen the hawk hanging around two or three times in the past, but thought he/she/it was just scoping stuff out. I hope this 'trapped feeling' will discourage it from coming back and harassing the hens, but I doubt it.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAY FORKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment