Sunday, January 7, 2018

2018 - Day 7/358 - Sunday...1891...

Half of me wanted to feel the cattle, half of me did not want to feed the cattle, and half of me wanted to take a nap. The cattle got fed. The chicken coop got cleaned. The stove got cleaned out. The garbage can is up at the road. This and that got done, and I am good with the done stuff. It looked as if it was going to rain all day long today, but nothing. Plenty of clouds, plenty of wind, and it felt like rain, but nothing.

There has not been any coyote activity in the last two days, at least none that we are aware of. The girls, down to 12 from 20, gave us only one egg today. The coyotes got many of the new girls and the rooster. The new girls are definitely not as smart as the old girls when it comes to the ways of the edge of nowhere. I am already planning on getting some new chicks, and maybe seeing if I can find some laying hens somewhere. They used to sell laying hens in Taylor at the feed store. I will make a couple calls this week.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CATTLE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment