Tuesday, January 16, 2018

2018 - Day 16/349 - Tuesday...1868...

I have no idea what (okay, I am a liar) this is, but the chickens have had a pretty good time with it for most of the day. I saw it on the path late last night, and I just left it. Either the cat or the chickens will find it, and it will be put to good use.

As I write this, the temperature at the edge of nowhere, is 25 degrees. The low overnight is expected to be 16 degrees. It was a pajama kind of day...but...since I don't wear pajamas...um...I stuck with the sweat pants and pull over jacket. It has been REALLY cold all day, and REALLY windy too. North winds in a Texas winter is not a good thing. North winds in a Texas summer is a GREAT thing. But I digress. The state closed down for business today, based on the prediction that there would be freezing rains over (last) night. But it didn't happen. Maybe it happened in Austin, but it didn't happen on the edge of nowhere. I repeat...it was cold. The new chicks are all warm and cozy in their pen with the heat lamp on them. We hope the cat is taking advantage of the heat lamp we have installed in his shed (we never know), and we think the grown chickens are wondering why the hell this light is turned on while they are trying to sleep. We assume the cattle are holding up with no real problems, and everything will be back to normal by the weekend. Two more days of this crap.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PAJAMAS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment