Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2018 - Day 2/363 - Tuesday...1915...

I was shocked. SHOCKED I tell you! While I was driving home from the office this afternoon, some precipitation was hitting my car, and then it FROZE! FREEZING PRECIPITATION! What the hell is going on? The prognosticators mentioned nothing about precipitation of any kind, let alone the kind that would freeze to the windshield upon contact. I was glad I left the office kind of early, and did not really consider the consequences that others might face. There have been multiple accidents involving multiple vehicles, multiple injuries, at least one death (ugh), multiple road closures and the traffic reports are just crazy. The most recent mention of any rain for the area was supposed to have happened yesterday, between the hours of 2-5 p.m. Well, that didn't happen, but it happened this afternoon, between the hours of 2-5 p.m. And I guess it continued a little bit longer into the dark hours. Not sure if it is still happening, and I do not believe there was a single dribble of precipitation at the edge of nowhere. Current temperature is 27 degrees right now, expecting an overnight low of 22 degrees, and in the 50s tomorrow afternoon. Then I think there will be one more early morning freeze in this event, and we will be in the clear for the foreseeable future. 50s for the rest of the week, except for Sunday, when it is supposed to be 65.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SHOCKING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment